Monday, September 21, 2009

Healed of Paranoid Thoughts and Fear

Last Friday, a person who was paranoid with thoughts of people are out looking to kill her was healed by the Lord. When I first met her she has a translator with her. She jerked at every noise and looked around with her head back to see who were behind her. She would hear voices of people knocking on her door to call her out so they could hurt her. This experience was very real to her, but due to the illness it is not so.

After talking to her and listening to her describing the situations, I asked her, "What would you like God to do for you?" She answered, "I ask God to heal my head." I agreed with her in faith and prayed with a translator present to help. She knelt down on the floor.

I asked for permission to anoint her hands and forehead. After the first prayer, the pressure in her head was going down. She could feel the difference. 50% better, she said. Great. I prayed the second time, and the pressure is down even more. She feels 70% better. Fantastic. I prayed the third time. She feels 80% better. Great. I told her God does not leave things unfinished. I told her the story of the blind man being healed by Jesus. Jesus had to pray for him twice. I read some more Scripture to her. I asked her to agree with me and prayed again.

More fervent prayer is lifted up to the Lord. Her face is more focused praying along as well. Then after the fourth prayer she could feel 90% better. I told her I will pray for you again. Is there anything that would prevent God from healing you. She answered yes, and she confessed it to the Lord.

After the fifth prayer, she could declare that she feel 100% better. The pressure was gone, and she could think. The fear is gone. She could talk freely.

It is a privilege to pray for people everyday. God is great, and He will confirm the preaching of the Gospel with signs and wonders to glorify God.

A couple days later, with follow-up, my new friend has said she is well, and is able to go and see her family. The grace of the Lord and His power has set her free to think properly now.

Pastor Linh

No comments:

Post a Comment