Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Prayer Blankets

"I am making crocheted prayer blankets for patients at the hospital, working with the pastor there in the hospital. She scopes out people that are alone have no visitors and are depressed and elderly.

The first one I gave her to find a home for was a lady that needed her foot removed due to diabetes. She was mad at the world and had no one, refusing the surgery. Just bitter. The pastor gave her the prayer blanket …it is kind of lap cover size made of yarn. I enclose a letter that says " This prayer blanket was made by someone that loves you , hold it close and let it warm you and God will do the rest"

When she gave it to her her whole outlook changed, she allowed the surgery and allowed rehab to work with her, the pastor said a student nurse saw the change and called it a miracle.

The pastor told her people just sometimes need to think someone cares. I don't think the nurse will ever forget it, what a blessing I hope she thinks of the prayer blanket every time she deals with a difficult patient sometimes it is just fear of the unknown that drives to meanness.

I wish I could make them faster but my wrists can only do so much. But that is ok I am sure God will let me do what I need to when I need to do it."

Article written by Phil's friend.
Pastor Linh

No comments:

Post a Comment