Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ten Powerful Phrases for Positive People

Being positive is an art. It’s a decision. It’s a conscious choice to be made each day, each moment in time. Choosing to be positive reflects your beliefs, attitudes that you have about God, others and yourself.

You can build up others; you can encourage others; you can see the potential that others have; you can concentrate on the positive traits, focus on the right instead of the wrong, the good instead of the bad.

You can inspire others, leading others by your examples not by your positions. When others fall apart and full of negative, you can remain positive.

You can learn from failures, setbacks and use them as stepping stones instead of letting them be your discouragements and reasons to quit.

You can be a motivator, encourager rather than a critic. Your choice!

You can choose to point out all the positive things instead of pointing your fingers at God, at others.

You can choose to bring positive news to others in a world full of negative.

You can choose to use phrases like: “You can do it!” “Thank you.” “I’m so proud of you.”

You can choose to let life flow freely out of you.

A positive frame of mind changes you and how you think, enabling you to lift up other people.

Make it a habit to choose to think positively. You can change yourself, make a difference, make an impact in the life of others.

You can drag people down, or you can lift them up.

You can be a life enricher, or you can be a life destroyer.

You can rise up to become leaders who have the power to be examples for the rest of us to follow.

You can work together to create a right climate, a positive atmosphere to improve the community.

1. “I’m wrong” - I chose to begin with “I’m wrong”

2. “I’m sorry” - Along with saying “I’m wrong” we have to be sorry for it.

3. “You can do it” - is the positive phrase you can always use to encourage others.

4. “I believe in you" - One of the most effective ways we can help others achieve their Dreams is to assure them, “I believe in you.”

5. “I’m proud of you” - Probably the most powerful thing we can say to others, next to “I love you,” is “I’m proud of you.”

6. “Thank you” - Having “thank you” in our vocabulary and top of mind is simply an expectation for all of us who function successfully in our civilized society.

7. “I need you” - Our very life once depended on needing someone.

8. “I trust you” - The success of our society depends on trusting that someone will do a good job, trusting each other to be honest, trusting that people will keep their promises.

9. “I respect you” - You earn respect by showing respect.

10. “I love you” - To say “I love you” and mean it with all your heart has remarkable power.

Rich DeVos

No comments:

Post a Comment