Monday, June 15, 2009

Man Saved and Delivered from Satanism

Today, as I went about doing my work, I met a man who was obviously in distress. Something was stirred within him; I could tell right away by the seriousness in his voice, by the troubled look on his face.

I made time to meet with him in a secured place. As soon as he sat down he immediately poured out his soul, his aching pain about his troublesome life which is being controlled by Satan. Sweating, anxious, but right away, he said, "I am a Satanist; I follow Satanism, racism and all the ism in my life for many years." "I am deeply distressed; I don't want to live like this any more. I need help; Is it too late for me? I don't want my daughter who will be born soon know about my painful past. I don't have hope."

I listened to him attentively and told him that God loves him very much. I said, "God can save you and deliver you." I told him Jesus died for everyone, for you and for me, but only those who are willing to believe and accept Jesus Christ of Nazareth can have their sins forgiven. I asked him if he is ready to confess his sins to God and to repent and to accept God's salvation. He is ready.

I asked him if he is ready to be forgiven. He is more than ready. Tears began to roll down his cheeks. He knelt down on the floor by the chair he was sitting earlier. I knelt beside him, and led him to pray the sinner prayer. He confessed his sins, renounced all ties with the Devil, Satan himself. He cut all ties with darkness and denounced the devilish things that he ever committed against God.

Tears were rolling. He wholeheartedly has trusted the Lord Jesus as his Lord and Savior. He has invited Jesus to come into his heart and be his Lord and Savior, Healer and Deliverer. All heavenly angelic beings stood still for a moment which seems like eternity. Time flies. I was so glad and also in tear.

What a change took place right away after the prayer. His countenance brightens up. He wiped away his tears. The sweat stops. He is calm and collected and told me he never before experiences anything like this. He felt like a burden is lifted off his chest and shoulders. He is forgiven. He feels God's love for the first time. He has God's hope for the first time. He is a new babe in Christ. He is born again I told him.

I prayed for him that the Holy Spirit will baptize him, be his guide and strenghthen him. I told him to go ahead to give thanks to God. He did with a grateful heart. I asked him whether he'd like to be baptized right now. He answered yes he wanted to be baptized. I invited someone to witness the moment. After reading Romans 6 and gave him a few instrustion about being baptized in the name of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, I used the water nearby to baptize him.

What a blessed moment for a wretched sinner to return to God and to find peace for his soul and rest for his mind and body. It is excited to see a new soul won for Christ Jesus. I welcome my new brother in the Lord into the Kingdom of God. I then gave him a Bible and some instruction to start ready the book of John and James. He read it soon after that.

He left that place a changed man, a man who found Jesus Christ, the answer he needs. He is no longer afraid of Satan. More follow-up needs to be done, but God has started a great work in him and He will finish it, bringing it to completion in the day of Christ's return.

What a day! A Blessed day indeed. God is great. He is good. Only He can save and deliver people from sin and bondage. His name is to be praised. Amen.

Pastor Linh

No comments:

Post a Comment