Friday, April 9, 2010

Back to Satanism, now back to God

I just met a man who was showing sign of being angry. He just hit someone on the face. I stayed calm and managed to talk to him. I discovered that he is going back to Satanism. He used to worship Satan for 40 years. When God convicted him of his sins, he ran toward God and repented and gave his heart to Jesus. He got baptized.

However, anger and hot temper seem to have a hold of him once in a while. He relapsed and wants to do things his way. It feels more normal to him to do whatever the flesh desires. As I approach to him about God He does not want to hear anything about God or the Bible. He does not want God's help at the moment period.

I asked him why he was going back to Satanism, and he said "It's more satisfying." You can do whatever you want to do." "I see."

I ask him do you want to be set free. No is his reply. Don't talk to me about God.

I said good bye and left, waiting for the right opportunity to approach him again.

A day later, he saw me and asked for a copy of the Bible. Whenever he does not read the Word, the flesh seems to gain an upper hand. He shared that Jesus appears to him again and wants him to serve God and to tell people about God and to volunteer to help other people. I prayed for him today to invite God to have full control of his life.

God is sovereign.

Pastor Linh

No comments:

Post a Comment