Monday, April 5, 2010

Dead to sin; Resurrection power; New Life in Christ

Maundy Thursday was the day that Jesus' friend, Judah, betrayed Him with a kiss. All hell broke loose in that garden of Gethsemane. All dear friends ran away, left him for their own dear lives and happiness. They were scared, afraid and in hiding. They were human. Have you been betrayed by a dear friend or loved one? Jesus understands you and what you are going through. He never deserts you nor forsake you. He is your trusted Friend forever. He cares about you. He is here with you.

Friday, Good Friday, was hard. Everything was happening fast. You are just going through the motion. Your head is spinning. It seems very gloomy, sad and full of sorrow. The darkest night of the soul was deeply felt. In the darkest hour, people's heart will show forth what is really inside.

A lot of beating fell upon Him; Life and people seem so cruel to each other. Why did they hurt each other? For what purpose? What was going on? This could not be happening, you wonder? After all the beating, insulting and torturing, Jesus was led by the soldiers through the streets with crowd screaming, yelling "Crucify him. Crucify him. Crucify him."

How cruel and sad that is! He only came in peace; He only came in love; He only came to give them life and life abundantly. He only came to seek and to save that which is lost. He came to show the people the way back to God the Father. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. He is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. But why would they hate and scream at him like that? Don't they understand they are rejecting the Savior, the Messiah! What did He do to deserve death? Nothing. Hi is without sin. He did endure all that pain, hurt, suffering, and rejection just for you and me. By His stripes we are healed. By his suffering and death on the cross our sins are forgiven. Sins are expunged completely from us.

He willingly laid down His life for His friends, for you, for me and for all people throughout the whole world so that when they are ready to invite Him to come and dwell in their hearts, He will gladly come in right away. He is knocking on the door of your heart now.

He loves you and me more than anything in the world. You and I are special in God's eyes. We are created and made in His image. We are loved and valuable. God loves us so much that He gave His one and only Son so that any time, anywhere, you and I believe in Him, we shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Saturday was quiet. More sadness overshadowed the whole city. Life seems to be turned upside down. No music. No celebration. No joy. Life goes on as usual, but it seems like something new is about to happen. Life cannot continue in sadness forever. Something new has got to come. Life must overcome death. Light will dispel and defeat darkness. Love overcomes hate. God has defeated Satan on the cross and at the empty tomb. Man has to return to God to find their rightful place as children of God.

Something is about to happen. Can you feel the earth is trembling? Can you feel the earth is rumbling? You see rocks were rolling down the hill. You run. It is an earthquake. A new day has begun. Change has come for the better. The sun is bursting forth its radiant light. Angels announced the greatest news to the seekers. The women are scared and excited. They ran to tell the news. I can't believe it. He is alive. New hope has come. The dawn is here. Life does have meaning, full of abundant blessings from God. I have hope now because of His resurrection and power!

Sunday has come. It is here at last. Resurrection power is felt in the air. Jesus is alive. He is risen. He is alive. He rose again from the dead. He defeated death. It could not hold him down. Nothing can hold us down. God is able to deliver us from death. He took our place on the cross. He died for us so that we can live forever with him in heaven when we put our faith and trust in Him. I believe!

My Lord and Savior is here with me. I am afraid no more. I can go out and declare the Good News to everyone now. The Holy Spirit is upon me. I have received Him and His power to be His witness...

New anticipation and excitement fill the air with new hope, new miracle life, new joy and new relationship formed with God and with each others. God has broken through to humankind that He loves them so much that He was willing to be separated from His Son for such a time in order to take care of the sin problem that man has had. Jesus is the Bridge back to God. The cross! He is the Way, the Truth and the Life and no one can come to the Father but through Him. Hallelujah.

God is good. He is awesome. In Him, I shall have a new miracle life everyday. There is hope in God, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Yes, you are the One I love Jesus; You are the One I worship and give thanks to; You are the One I will serve with joy and in your power, the Resurrection power of the Holy Spirit.

Sickness must leave my body; sorrow must leave my heart; pain and confusion must leave my mind now. Diseases must disappear and vanish from this temple of the Holy Spirit now. All my sins are forgiven; No more condemnation for me and for us who are in Christ Jesus. He paid the price in full. God's justice is served. Satan get out of my life. Demons flee now. I am covered by the blood. I am righteous because of Jesus. My faith is in Him who died for me. His death is for me; my sins are expunged from me forever. He defends me at the cross; all is paid for with His blood. I am alive now and forever more.

And so are you. God loves you very much. Come to Jesus now and experience a new miracle life in Him now. He is waiting for you now.

Pastor Linh

No comments:

Post a Comment