Friday, September 10, 2010

Do You Have the Time to Care?

"I need help! I feel anxious many times over nothing. Other kids used to beat me up; I had black and blue injury. I was the skinny toothpick. I was picked on a lot daily. My family moved a lot. There was this big bully who seemed to follow me everywhere I went. One time, he kicked me in my tail bone with a steel boot. It hurt me so much.

Some of my friends died. I am afraid to die. I had brain surgery. I believe I am going to heaven. I am saved. I have faith in Christ. I am divorced, and I have joint custody of my children. I am in debt, and I live in fear. In my dreams, I had fear running away from bullies. I ran away from myself, my spouse.

I pray, but the problems seem the same or getting bigger. I believe God, but why did God let things happen to me? I tried meditation and felt disappointed. It did not help me. I felt angry at God. I felt jumpy when my alarm makes noises. Why am I anxious crying over nothing?" Is there any help for me?

How would you minister to someone like her? Would you sit down and just listen first and gently allow God to use you as He alone can to minister God's love and healing to a broken spirit and troubling soul? Do you have the time to show that you do care.

Pastor Linh

No comments:

Post a Comment