Saturday, September 4, 2010

Jesus Is Love

In the midst of all the pain, the hurt and the turmoil, the past few weekends have been wonderful. I was just chilling out by the sea and open water, feeling the breeze, getting wet in the rain, swimming in the ocean and also allowing the sunshine to warm my soul, thinking about the past, the present and the future.

What will tomorrow hold? I don't really know what tomorrow will hold, but I know the God who holds my tomorrow. I feel like Peter, the Apostle, when after everything that happened in his life before and after he denied Jesus three times, he went fishing in the sea of Galilee. The disappointment, the frustration and the opportunity just to be alone with God helped me sort things out. What is God's will for me? What is the mission and purpose of my life?

There, in the open sea of Galilee, back to the things Peter used to do in the past, fishing for fish; however, it was also the place where he met the Savior Jesus again face to face and hearing His voice again. It was the Lord! He has fresh bread and fish for the physical needs; He is the Bread of Life for my soul; He is the living water for my thirsty spirit.

Jesus is so personal. He loves me despite of my shortcoming. He is so forgiving, so merciful and kind. Jesus's love is irresistible. He loves me, and He shows me what true love really feel inside. His love wins the heart of man back to God again and again.

I realize that in those personal encounters, you and I certainly will have a God-encounters, and those encounters will definitely change our hearts, minds, souls and spirits.

We will never be the same again when we personally meet Jesus on the streets of life, where the rubber meets the road. God is faithful. He is so loving, caring and kind. He is not always angry, and He does not treat us according to our failures in the past, our past sins, our denial of knowing Him.

He is always ready and open to welcome you and me back. Why not come back to Him today, now. It's better late than never. Jesus is waiting. Love is beckoning us.

Pastor Linh

No comments:

Post a Comment