Monday, January 5, 2009

God's Creative Power for Healing

3. God’s Word Is Medicine

God’s Word is medicine to all our flesh.

20 My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. 21 Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; 22 for they are life to those who find them and health to a man's whole body. 23 Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Healing is a fact as far as God is concerned.

20 He sent forth his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave. Psalm 107:20

4 Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. 5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. 6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. Isaiah 53:4-6

24He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed. I Peter 2:24

If you need a doctor, see a doctor. If you need an operation, have an operation and believe God for a quick recovery. Medicines are beneficial in aiding the body’s healing process. However, take medicine with faith saying: “I believe I receive my healing in Jesus’ name.” Medicines may have many side effects. Learn to appropriate healing by making the Word a part of our daily vocabulary. Operate on your level of faith, but don’t stay on that level forever. Develop faith in God’s Word.

It takes time to develop your faith. Confess God’s Word audibly with authority over your body two or three times a day.

11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:11

18 I have seen his ways, but I will heal him; I will guide him and restore comfort to him, 19 creating praise on the lips of the mourners in Israel. Peace, peace, to those far and near," says the LORD. "And I will heal them." Isaiah 57:18-19

Return God’s Word to Him. How?

We are to return His Word by giving VOICE to it, and he will create the fruit of our lips. Let God’s Word be LIFE to you and HEALTH to your flesh.

***
Dear pastors & friends,

May your soul prosper just as your body is. May you be in good health. May the Lord supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. May you be filled with the Holy Spirit and anointed with His power to carry out His will for your life. May you be courageous and fear not for the Lord is with you all the days of your life. No weapon formed against you shall prosper. May the Lord bless you all the days of your life and use you to impact the next generation and generations to come for Jesus Christ.

Pastor Linh

No comments:

Post a Comment