Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Desperate Man Found Christ

To encourage your hearts and mine, let me share what Jesus Christ did for a friend of mine.

Yesterday, I met a man who came straight out to tell me that he no longer wants to live his life. He said, "It is lonely life here. Nobody is left in my life any more." He went on saying, "My parents died last year. My sister also died recently this year in a car accident. My other relative died also. I am left alone all by myself. I have nothing to live for. Money is nothing to me. I just gave whatever I have away to people on street. I even bought drinks for them. I was drunk most of the time. My mind is blank. I did not think straight any more. I can't do anything. It's useless."

"I drank everyday now, whisky and other stuff from home to the bar and back home empty. I don't want to drink myself to death you know. Why would God take all these dear people away from me, at least He could have left me with one. I am not married. I don't have any children. I am getting assistance. I am not working. I am going to church but not now. I believe in God you know."

"If only I could find out why and what my purpose on earth I would be fine or feel better, but I have had it. I don't want to live any more."

I told my new friend that he was hurt, lonely, and very desperate, trying to fill the empty void in his life with alcohol, with other things that would not satisfy the desire of his heart. He hung around with the wrong crowd.

He has lost his desire to live and his belief also not accurate about God, how cruel God is for taking people away from him, leaving him alone by himself.

By the grace of God, after listening to him for a while which allowed him to pour out what was on his heart and mind, then God's Word is able to penetrate into his heart and soul. The Word of God was read to him and the truth is told clearly to him in a loving manner.

The friend finally understood that he is not in this world alone. There are people still around him for him to love, to care and to share his life experience with. There are lives that he could touch with the loving hands of God loving people through him. He then understands the purpose that God may have for him that his life on earth is not over yet until God says it is over.

He has found hope; he has found life; he has found Christ Jesus who he has invited again to come into his heart to be the Savior and Lord of his life. He repented of his sins; he has received God's forgiveness and peace and hope.

He is grateful to be alive today. He is a different person now.

I am glad I was there to be the link that God used to point him back to the Lord of hope; The God of second chances; The Deliverer of man once bound by alcohol and other stuff; The Life Giver, the Holy Spirit Baptizer.

I anointed him with oil and prayed for him. God has healed him in the name of Jesus.

It is so exciting to see a new smile radiated on his face. Christ's glory has been revealed through him. Others will see positive results in his life. I am glad to know a new friend in Christ now.

Pastor Linh

No comments:

Post a Comment