Wednesday, February 25, 2009

In Jesus' Name, the blind sees

I just met a middle-aged lady two days ago, and right away she said that she wants to see. Nobody stops long enough to listen to her. She wants to read her Bible which she was not able to do so for a while due to her poor eyesight.

After listening to her for a while about her story, I felt something rising in my spirit, and I asked her "Would you like me to pray for you?" "Certainly," she said. She started singing Jesus Loves Me. I know that she has faith in God. I told her that I am going to anoint her with the anointing oil and lay my hands on her eyes and pray for her.

After the first prayer, she felt better immediately, but did not feel that she can read it yet, and about to say "I know that God will heal me some days." I stopped her there and told her that I will pray for her the second time.

After the second prayer, she could notice my name, not clearly though. I know that God is listening to my prayer. There was a friend seating nearby watching the whole thing.

I told her the story of Jesus healing that blind person two times before he could see clearly. (Mark 8:22-26) I told her that I am going to pray for her again the third time. After the third prayer, she can see. She can read alphabet letters and numbers at 4-5 feet away from her. Praise the Lord.

We tested her vision by asking her to read some other sentences, names. She can read it.

I told her that I am going to find her a Bible and ask her to read it. I gave her a Bible which she read. Indeed, "The blind and the lame came to him in the temple, and he cured them." (Matthew 21:14)

God is great isn't He. He is so amazing, so true and so loving. He commands us to do what he has done. He gives us power to do it in His Name with His authority.

Oh, yes! I pray for more of God's holy anointing on my life; more love, more power, more of You, Jesus and the Holy Spirit in my life. It feels so good to see a smile on her face witnessing a miracle happened right in front of my eyes.

What God has started in me and you, He will complete it on the Day of His Blessed return. Receive the anointing of God on you right now in the Name of Jesus. Let the Holy Spirit come upon you right now. Read His Word again and again. Listen to the Holy Spirit.

Obey God's commands. Go forth in His power, in His authority and in His Name to declare that the Kingdom of God is at hand, to preach the Good News. In His Name, heal the sick, cast out the demons, cleanse the lepers, raise the deads...give thanks to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth. (Matthew 10:7-8)

Believe Him and trust His Word and you shall see and experience God's great works in your life today. "Great crowds came to him, bringing with them the lame, the maimed, the blind, the mute, and many others. They put them at his feet, and he cured them, so that the crowd was amazed when they saw the mute speaking, the maimed whole, the lame walking, and the blind seeing. And they praised the God of Israel." (Matthew 15:30-31)

"Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in me will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will do greater works than these, because I am going to the Father. I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If in my name you ask me for anything, I will do it." (John 14:12)

Yes, Lord. Help me Oh Lord. I am committed to do what you have called me to do in your Name.

Pastor Linh

No comments:

Post a Comment