Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Freedom to Worship

Last night at the church prayer meeting of more than 120 people, after the pastor's introduction calling us to prayer for Revival, we opened our hearts, minds, souls and spirits to worship God.

New songs were sung with excitement, joy and gladness. The worship team was wonderful. Yes, New wine, Fresh Oil! We definitely ask, seek and knock on God's door awaiting Him to lead us into the presence of God.

We open ourselves to receive the Holy Spirit, to take in more of Him in our lives, to experience the streams of living water to overflow. Yes, people around seem to feel more at ease to dance in His presence, to lift up their hands to heaven to praise and to worship.

I myself feel a whole lot freedom to dance a few steps as if I never dance before, to shout praises, and to sing as the Spirit of God moves me. It is so good to praise God and to spend time in His presence. All other things are secondary. He is the main thing; God is the main focus.

I realize that the mind is so keenly aware of everything surrounding it; the tradition that I grew up in, and sometimes the traditions of man, the thoughts that other people were watching, judging me, prevented me from freely worshiping God.

No more timidity. No more self-consciousness. No more fear of what other people think of me would stop me from praising God; I pray that we can lift up our hearts, minds, souls and spirits to sing new songs unto the Lord and expect the Holy Spirit to move freely among us so that more praises will be lifted up to the Father in heaven.

Jesus is sweeter and sweeter to me day by day.

The anointing of God is stronger in my life as the days go by. Lord help me honor you, and help me use the anointing in a way that glorifies you and brings healing to many.

Pastor Linh

No comments:

Post a Comment