Thursday, March 5, 2009

In Christ, we are more than conquerors

Everyday, I am sure you and I are dealing with people who have been harassed, tormented or oppressed by the Devil. We ourselves also are easy targets for spiritual attacks because "our adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour." (I Peter 5:8) Satan is the "thief who comes to steal, to kill and to destroy" (John 10:10).

What is your ministry like right now? Who are you dealing with each day? What have God called you to do in His name? What are that greater works that you shall do which Jesus talked about in John 14:12? How are we accomplishing the Great Commission? How are we equipping the saints for the works of the Gospel?

When was the last time that you see people who are sick physically with all kinds of disease and illness; emotionally-ill; mentally incapacitated; rationally out there in either one or the other deep end of another wonderland with illusions and delusions; and spiritually filled with anything and everything that they have allowed to come into their lives.

They are certainly influenced by some types of demonic influence on their minds, bodies and spirits; These activities could range from being tormented with "voodoo", which means one is being stuck with needles on a doll which represents him or her and having curses put on them by ex-spouses, ex-girlfriends or ex-boyfriends; they are involved with telepathy, witchcraft, sorcery, black magic, black light, praying to the Devil, promising him something, making sacrifices, involving in rituals that connected them with the dark world or secret societies, worshipping all kinds of god, mixing religions, embracing everything, and believing all kinds of philosophies of life, except believing in the true and living God.

What would you do if you have to deal with people like these on a regular basis? What kinds of prayer would you pray for them to be healed and to be delivered from these tormented spirits? Do you believe that God will heal them now instantly as you pray the prayer in Jesus' name? Do you believe that Jesus can heal them now today? Do you believe you can heal them now as you are commanded by Jesus to heal the sick, to cleanse the lepers, to cast out demons and to raise the dead?

It has been a growing process for me. I do believe with all my heart that what the Lord has called me to do I shall do; what He says I can and will do in His name I can and will do because He has gone back to the Father.

Step by step, I have begun to pray over anyone who needs prayer, praying in the name of Jesus, commanding the spirit of infirmity, sickness and disease to leave the person; believing in the Scripture which says that by "His stripes" I am healed. It's an exciting journey learning to walk in the Spirit.

However, I honestly feel drained sometimes; the needs are overwhelming; people need the Lord and His deliverance. This is a matter of life and death for them eternally. I pray that for a moment in time, the Holy Spirit of God will break in to their minds and shows them their needs of healing and deliverance and salvation.

Then I remember I am not to do anything in my own strength and power but His power and His strength; I am reminded of the Scripture which lets us know "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him." (Acts 10:38)

By faith, I am stepping out of my comfort zone, with courage declaring that God's purposes and will for me and for us His children, will be done and accomplished. With Jesus on our side, we are not going to be afraid of the Evil one and his cohort. We are overcomers. In Christ, we are more than conquerors. "If God is for us who can be against us?" Definitely, the "one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world."(I John 4:4)

Pastor Linh

No comments:

Post a Comment